I understand that there are systems in place. But I just really want to get things going.
A confession: I am pregnant. As a result, I so often feel that I am pressed for time. First, all I want to do is sleep, so that significantly reduces my number of productive hours in a day. And secondly, I know that I have only a few short months until I have to leave the library to the capable hands of someone else.
I have been working to wittle away at my collection, weeding out the unused, unecessary, and the unwanted materials. Thus, I have freed up some shelving that will have to be removed. This needs a work order. We have received our new TV which will go on a cart so that I can move it around. The cart needs to be assembled. This needs a work order. There are pictures plastered to the walls, that are hiding chipped drywall, which should also be removed and repainted. Once again, a work order is required. Further, I am awaiting a new principal's arrival to discuss rennovating the library to better fit the learning commons model.
All of this is to say that I am so fequently feeling on the one hand a push to get things done - and to get it done quickly - and a logical reluctance to make any sweeping moves knowing how quickly things may have to change.
No comments:
Post a Comment